Mothers, Enlighten Us

I was at a meeting for young girls a while ago and the speaker asked how many of us knew how to calculate for our ovulation. 
I raised my hand boldy as per opor ti  ju. We gather dey. Only for me to scan the crowd of about 200 people if not more with a large smile on my face and.. I've never lost my smile real quick
 You cannot believe or maybe you can that only about 5 person's had their hands up. Okay, I was like is this playing? Because, it can't actually be the truth. 
My mom taught me this when I've not even gotten my first period. So, you can understand my shock welgen I saw this magic happening. 

I can only imagine how it would have been if my mom didn't tell me about how I was going to get my period before the deed. I might have ran to the clinic crying that I was losing an obscene amount of blood from a particular place in my body. I mean, I was just in JSS2, I was 11 so it's very possible but because I already had prior knowledge, I was expecting it and I was actually so calm. I already had everything I needed. 

So many young girls do not know certain things in their bodies that are actually very necessary. 
Please, dear mother, I feel that you should be the closest person to your growing child and that way, you can intimate them on all of these things without it having to be wierd.

The truth is, if you don't tell us these things, we'll learn it either way but you know where the problem comes in, we might learn it the wrong way and it becomes a problem. I don't know why it's hard to speak about these things with your children. 

Tell us, or someone else might inform us wrongly!

Untill next time, peace. 🕊️
Don't forget to share your thoughts in the comments. Let's know your experience.

Yours Always,
Ogbonnia H.D

P.S: I think there's really a lot to talk about on this topic. It's been on my mind for a while. I'm glad we get to talk about it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡

Birthday Girl🎉

A NEW MONTH, A NEW OPPORTUNITY