CANKERWORM

With tears in my eyes, I screamed:

No! Please, No.

As I kicked and struggled relentlessly,

It was as though he was deaf,

Like he couldn't hear me

He didn't stop, didn't slow down.

His assaults we're brutal.

I bore the whole brunt of his weight

But it was like I couldn't feel it.

The fight in me began to die down.

I had never felt so weak.

As hot tears fell from my eyes,

I felt helpless and numb.

And when he was done, 

I looked back at the woman in the mirror

A harsh humorless laugh tore from my throat 

And I couldn't decide who the monster was,

Was it him, or was it me?.

              Ogbonnia H. D


Lots of people, male and female inclusive, are victims of rape in our society. This nuisance has been around for ages and people suffer unimaginably from the aftermath. These innocent souls have to carry this disgustingly wicked act as a smear on their lives forever, struggling, fighting so hard to outlive it and hoping to God that one day, they're able to escape from the bloodsucking claws of the experience that has firmly shut their mouths and made it impossible to scream for help.

We need to understand that nothing! Absolutely nothing can excuse rape. Saying that rape is totally animalistic and inhuman would be putting it very lightly. Subjecting another human being to such a degrading experience can never be excused.

I earnestly pray for these souls that carry these scars, that God will heal them and help them recover and stop blaming or hating themselves, that they find a way for their heads to come up above the water and they can breathe again. 

Yours Always,

Ogbonnia H.D


THIS IS THE GOSPEL AGAINST RAPE. A FIGHT AGAINST RAPE! 

P.S: Let us understand that this is a very sensitive subject and must be seen as such. Until next time, peace! 😍







Comments

  1. Rape is as worse a crime as murder.
    The Humiliation, Invasion and emotional damage the person gives is off the charts..
    Killing the person mentally and gives them a sense of hopelessness..

    It's surely a pandemic to be solved.
    My Thoughts and Prayers to all Victims out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louder Please.
    There are no words to describe how filthy and insane rape is.

    As always, thank you for your invaluable contributions, Larry. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

𝙇𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝘽𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡

Birthday Girl🎉

A NEW MONTH, A NEW OPPORTUNITY